Well, I survived last week. For me, that is gift enough. It was a long week –
3 TaeKwonDo sessions, one of which was a graduation for Hubby and my oldest – they got their green belt. 1 surgery on hubby’s elbow. I guess I was much more worried about it than I admitted to myself, because when it was all over it took me a couple of days to “recover”. 1 recovering hubby, who is not that pleasant when he does not feel good. A 6 hour training session for a program that I will be facilitating at my church (more to come about that later). I needed to find care for my girls during that training so hubby did not have to have total responsibility for them (thank goodness for Mrs. Sports who took my girls for the day!). 1 dinner with my cousins. They are always able to make my day brighter! Then today at church I got to see “my” baby boy and his big brother. They both always make me smile. Not only that, I was asked to watch them Tuesday evening! So I get baby time and my girls get a playmate for a couple of hours!
So – what did I pull out of this chaos of a week? A LOT of blessings –
1) My parents who watched the girls while hubby was in surgery
2) My girls have been wonderful this week – helping out and fussing over their daddy. (that is not to say they did not have their moments, but their good moments by far overshadowed their bad!)
3) Hubby’s surgery was successful, they found exactly what they expected, and recovery has been relatively smooth so far.
4) My oldest was publicly praised by her TKD instructor during graduation
5) I stepped out of my comfort zone to accept the challenge of facilitating this program at church and attended the training without knowing anyone else that was attending, and ended up making a couple of new friends.
6) The sure knowledge that we are slowly but surely building a supportive group of friends at church.
7) BABY SNUGGLES!!!!!!!!
8) Priority focus – I will talk more about that this week, but I was so glad for it, even if it was provoked by fear.
9) The ability to pay the mortgage for another month.
10) The realization that I sincerely missed blogging, even if there are only about 5 people who read my meager writing! Those people cheer me on and keep me accountable and focused.
So I am ready to hit this next week and the beginning of the holiday season with joy and hope. Even the winter blues are not scaring me right now!
Life IS good!